CGI Solutions offer many services including microfine chemical grout injection, underpinning/retaining/soil retention and excavations as described below.
Microfine Chemical Grout Injection
A low viscosity cement that is injected into the pores of the soil, without displacing or changing the soil structure. Chemical Grout Injection is ideal for unstable structures and deep excavation areas. The low impact grout injection can be installed at varied depths and widths.
Underpinning is needed where a building or structure is not secure or stable. Injected grout blocks are installed below the footings to stabilise the bearing capacity of the soil underpinning the building. Sinking is often caused by soil not being compacted enough prior to construction. Underpinning ensures that no further damage is caused to the structure.
Underpinning may be necessary for a variety of reasons:
- The original foundation isn’t strong or stable enough.
- The usage of the structure has changed.
- The properties of the soil supporting the foundation may have changed (possibly through subsidence) or were mischaracterized during design.
- The construction of nearby structures necessitates the excavation of soil supporting existing foundations.
- To increase the depth or load capacity of existing foundations to support the addition of another storey to the building (above or below grade).
- It is more economical, due to land price or otherwise, to work on the present structure’s foundation than to build a new one.
- Earthquake, flood, drought or other natural causes have caused the structure to move, requiring stabilisation of foundation soils and/or footings.
- Water damage to a structures like soak wells, down pipes, broken pipes, old and neglected gutters, and generally poor maintenance buildings and structures.
Injecting chemical grout into the soil permeates the soil layer, moving freely through the voids, and then begins to densify, bind and compact the soils. The compaction helps stabilize the soil and the structures the soils support. Chemical Grouting can be used for soil stabilization, trenchless sewer repair, roadway repair, dam repair, foundation lifting, seepage mitigation, and a variety of other services that have highly granular support soils.
Chemical Grout Injection is installed to form a grout block behind failing retaining walls giving the wall relief from the push of the soil being retained. This prevents the walls from cracking and complete failure in the future and extends the working life of the wall.
Many walls fail early in their life and are expensive to tear down and reinstate especially in cases where they are supporting structures built after the wall.
Our services extend into excavations including land clearing, levelling, grading & all earth moving requirements.